Venus White is a take-home whitening kit for custom trays your dentist at Dental Care at Oyster Point creates for you. The whitening gel is available in concentrations of 16%, 22% and 35%. Your dentist will help you determine which concentration is best for you. The viscous whitening gel is mint flavored and contains potassium nitrate. For best results, Venus White should be used with the trays for up to 14 days. Depending on the gel concentration and your preference for time of day, whitening is achieved following the recommendation by your dentist.
Venus White teeth contains peroxide, which releases oxygen molecules to break up the chains of protein that comprise tooth stains. As a result, light travels through the dispersed protein links and makes the teeth look whiter.
The Venus White Process
- A gingival barrier is applied to the gums to protect from them from any sensitivity
- The teeth are painted with the Venus White in-office whitening gel
- Whitening molecules attach to the surface of each tooth, dissolving and lifting any stains
- The teeth are rinsed and dried
- Gingival barrier is removed
This process is repeated in three or four 15-minute intervals, totaling a visit of about 60 minutes.
Let us help you achieve a whiter smile. Call Dental Care at Oyster Point at 757-873-2777 to schedule an appointment.